Lebanese Bus Routes
This repository is the start of getting all the bus and van routes in Lebanon under one place.
These routes have always been available but not everyone knows about them.
Why are we doing this
- We are providing Lebanese People an alternative in their daily commute
- There isn’t a unified place where you can find these Routes
- It gives opportunities for people to develop tools if this information was public and free.
- In addition, these routes are never static and always changing and the best people who know this are the people who already use it.
We are putting all these routes into a
Google My maps which can be found here.
If you are on your phone, you can actually import the map into
Google Maps by pressing the square icon in the upper right corner.
The bus Routes are organized into layers where each layer is represented in a From District - To District format according to the following Lebanese District Map. We got this from this Wikipedia page.
In addition each route will be as a separate KMZ file which would then be used with the Google Maps API later on. These files can be found in the KMLs KMZs folder.
If you want to contribute to the map, please check the following document on how to do that.
I would highly suggest you check the http://busmap.me/ project maintained by the Bus Map Project.
People have pointed out other websites that have some of the routes
- Online Lebanon Buses
- Zawarib’s Bus Map
- An old Dated Map from the LCC
- Open Street Map has a Transport Layer for lebanon. You can check it here
- Bus Map Project. The more advanced followup of this project.
In addition there has been an attempt to make an algorithm which helps users indicate which route they are going to use.
Feel free to suggest what to change in the instruction file. I’m also available for tweets on @BahoKaram. Also please feel Free to join the Facebook Group entitled Facebook Developer Circle: Beirut